Wings of Destiny Today: 1    Total Posts: 10584

Moderator: Benzion

Total:#1

Create Thread

[Off-Topic] Football Tips

[Copy link] 0/65

Posted on 3/27/20 6:01:28 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

The midweek tips went well, with 2 out of 3 predictions successful. It would have been a perfect night were it not for Oldham conspiring to throw away a three goal lead at home! But onwards and upwards! The FA Cup 2nd round schedule means many teams are involved in that competition over the weekend so I will stick to the Premier League this time.

Wolves v Sunderland
Wolves are currently on a four game losing streak and find themselves 19th in the league, not exactly what the fans had in mind, I’m sure. Despite their lack of results they have actually scored in all but one of their home Premier League games this season, with the only exception being Arsenal. 4 out of their last 5 league games have gone over 2.5 goals and I think it is only a matter of time before they do start getting some positive results as their performances haven’t been that bad, especially at Molineux.

Sunderland in comparison have been getting some very positive results since beginning their campaign, they are flying high in 7th and I have been pretty impressed with the quality of football they are playing under Steve Bruce. In Danny Welbeck, Asamoah Gyan and Darren Bent they have three very good goalscorers and they have found the net in their last 6 consecutive games. Lee Cattermole and Jordan Henderson are anchoring the midfield and have been deserving of the plaudits they are receiving.

Despite thinking Wolves will soon turn the corner and start gaining points I simply can’t back them against Sunderland at 2.6, it could go either way but I will take a chance on their being goals, regardless of the outcome. Ladbrokes currently have over 2.5 goals at a tempting 2.1 which I think is good value. With both teams able to hit the back of the net and Wolves needing to put in a performance in order to kick start their season I think this could be the way to go.

Selection:
Wolves v Sunderland. Over 2.5 goals @ 2.1 with Betbubbles. Stake 4/10.
Tottenham v Liverpool
This is the game that stuck out for me as soon as I saw the fixture list. Spurs have been one of the most entertaining teams to watch this season both domestically and in Europe but have suffered from spells of inconsistency which has cost them a higher position in the league. Liverpool have also been involved in their fair share of surprising results and while the fans may be buoyed by the recent mini revival under Roy Hodgson this game is a challenging one and I think it could be a great one to watch.

Tottenhams recent form has been patchy, they have only won 2 of their last 6 in the league but the Arsenal game in particular will give them hope that they can extend this winning run. They ran out comfortable winners against a much weakened Werder Bremen side in this week’s Champions League and the confidence as a result of qualification for the next stage could be an ideal springboard for this weekend’s game.

The visitors have recovered somewhat from their initial poor results betting on football with some impressive victories against league leaders Chelsea and an in-form Bolton. Unlike their opponents they have had a week off to recover following their 3-0 victory over a struggling West Ham United last Saturday. For me though, the biggest factor for me in this game is the absence of Steven Gerrard in the Liverpool midfield. He is a huge influence and has almost won games single handed for his side at times over the last couple of seasons. I’m also yet to be convinced of the merits of players such as Lucas and Poulsen as potential midfield replacements. I have my doubts over Fernando Torres’ form this season too, although impressive at home in front of The Kop he can sometimes go missing when playing elsewhere and without the service from Gerrard he could find himself up against it at White Hart Lane on Sunday.

Overall I think Spurs will just have enough to edge out a Liverpool side missing their best player and at a generous 2.1 with Paddy Power I think the price is worth a small stakes bet.

Signature